Summer school. Words my worst nightmares were made off. In my mind, summer was for surfing and beaching and all that fun stuff. But spending your summer at EBS just got a whole lot cooler. The International Summer University Estonia, a joint program between EBS & the Vienna University of Economics & Business (WU), is happening between August 14th and September 1st and there are some very good reasons why you shouldn’t miss it:
- There’s nothing that will surprise you anymore. ISU is a joint program between WU and EBS. Which means students from all over Austria, but also from other parts of Europe will participate. Which means intercultural teams. Which means you will get to experience first-hand what happens when people from different cultures work together. The good, the bad and the downright weird. (And there is a lot of weird, when you’re getting to know a new culture. In a good way!) But you’ll learn to handle those situations. And you will experience the magic that happens when differently thinking minds inspire each other to accomplish great things. Trust me, magic is going to happen!
- It’s the easiest way to get your internship sorted. Do I need to say more? Three weeks of class with great people and you’ve got your internship sorted. How awesome is that?
- Experience university in a new way. Three weeks of studying and learning about International Marketing, taught by four excellent teachers, from both, EBS and WU. It’s a whole new learning experience. Not being distracted by any other classes gives you a chance to dive deep into the subject and broaden your knowledge in a very unique way.
- Be a consultant for a month. EBS is all about practical experience. But have you ever worked on a real-life project as a consultant for a company before? Now is your chance. During the summer program, you will not only get the best marketing education, but you will also work on a real-life case and consult an Estonian company in the end. Another thing you can add to your CV that will make you stand out.
- All the extra bits. There are lots of fun things planned for those three weeks – apart from classes & group works. You’ll get a chance to visit Estonian companies, join the Austrians on a day-trip to Helsinki, show them around Tallinn & Estonia and just meet interesting & fun people from different countries. (I know they’re fun. I’ve already met them and can assure you, they are very keen to get to know your country!)
- The people. Obviously. It wouldn’t be me if I didn’t point that one out. But honestly, what it comes down to in the end are the people that made an experience worthwhile. And you are going to meet a lot of them, I can assure you. Don’t miss out on your chance to meet your future best friends from Austria. Ask Victoria or Laura-Liisa or Charlotte. They met their Austrian best friend – that would be me – through a WU-EBS exchange. In all honesty, though: my exchange year at EBS gave me a new perspective on life. This was mostly down to my Estonian friends. And I think that I, too, affected their life in one way or another. And I want to pass this on. I want you to have the chance to make friends that will help you grow and make your life better. This program is your chance. Don’t miss it.
Sign up for WU-EBS ISU 2017 until May 31.
I hope I’ll see you all this August!
Love from Vienna,
Photo: Katharina Binder
Editor: Kärt Mättikas
What? Summer University: “Managing Global Business and Marketing Challenges” (more information here)
Who? The European top ranked business university WU Vienna and Estonian Business School
When? August 14 – September 1, 2017 at EBS in Tallin
How it works? At least half of the course time will be spent on gaining practical experience – working with real-life projects provided by companies operating in international markets.
The European top ranked business university WU Vienna and EBS provide an excellent opportunity for 30-40 students from WU Vienna, EBS and other students from Estonia to participate in International Marketing course on “Managing Global Business and Marketing Challenges”. This practically oriented course is delivered in the framework of WU-EBS International Summer University on August 14 – September 1, 2017 at EBS in Tallinn. The course provides a high level academic content delivered by WU and EBS lecturers and guest speakers from industry. At least half of the course time will be spent on gaining practical experience – working with real-life projects provided by companies operating in international markets. Students work in international teams mentored by companies’ representatives and course instructors. More information about the course is available at EBS OIS, the course Managing Global Business and Marketing Challenges and from the attached files.
The number of participants is limited: maximum 16 students from EBS Tallinn and Helsinki and from other universities in Estonia.
- Course price is 450€ (will give 8 credit points)
- EBS Students – for declaration-specific information contact your study consultant.
- When you’re not studying at EBS, but interested in participation, please contact the Head of Open University Kadri Osula: email@example.com
For program content-specific information contact Toomas Danneberg: firstname.lastname@example.org