1. Introduce yourself with 3-5 sentences in such details as possible.
I’m 25-year-old young man from Espoo, Finland. Sports and music are very close to my heart, especially electronic dance music, golf and football. I’ve been said to be social, outgoing and happy guy.
2. Tell us three facts about you that people won’t be able to guess when they first meet you.
- I’ve been working as a DJ for over four years now.
- I don’t like chocolate.
- I prefer documentaries over movies.
3. Why did you choose to study at EBS Helsinki? What is the difference between EBS Helsinki and other Finnish universities?
The biggest difference between EBS Helsinki and other Finnish universities that comes to my mind are the tuition fees and the fact that you need to do an enormous amount of work already in highschool to get into a Finnish university. Also the timetable is very different. In EBS Helsinki we have lectures every other week, two or three days whereas in other Finnish universities you can usually create your own schedule from scratch. I applied to EBS Helsinki in 2017 after trying to get into different universities three years in a row but I failed to get in where I wanted at first. I saw EBS Helsinki as an opportunity to work simultaneously with studies and get a degree in a field that really interests me.
4. You are part of EBS Student Council – what is your role and responsibilities there? What is the most important thing that working in Student Council has taught you?
I’m head of events in our Student Council. I create events, manage the process and I’m responsible of everything going smoothly during the events. Working for the Student Council has improved my team working skills. The most important thing when working as a team is team chemistry.
5. We have seen you at numerous EBS golf events. How did you pick up this hobby and what do you appreciate most about golf?
I’ve played football for 20 years now. Until last year I’ve said that “golf isn’t a sport” – “golf is a walking hobby for old men”. Last year my mom started to play golf and invited me couple of times to hit some balls at the driving range. It was nice to finally see the ball fly in the straight line far away. When spring came in 2018, I decided that I want to give it a try and instantly fell in love with it. In golf I value gentlemen rules; that you usually play only against yourself and of course, in the beginning it is nice to see your progress very clearly.
6. You seem really ambitious person. Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years? What are your main goals? What motivates you to work towards these goals?
I hope to find myself working as a team leader in a firm that combines high-tech and eco friendliness. Somehow high-tech and being eco-friendly are two things that are dear to me so I hope to work in a company that is based on these values. I see myself as a natural leader and I hope to lead the best team in the world to achieve something meaningful.
7. If you could pack your bags right now and a plane would take you anywhere you wanted for a week, where would you go and why?
I’ve already done “getaways” alone two times: to Malta and Croatia. I love the Mediterranean Sea and seafood, so I guess I would go to some small fisher village in the Southern Italy.
8. If you could be any fictional character, which one would you be and why?
Mike Ross from The Suits. Because his wife (sorry for the spoilers) is stunning and he has photographic memory. Also he kicks ass in the job that he isn’t even legitimate for and he does it for good reasons.
9. If you could magically learn two skills in a minute, which ones would you choose and why?
Singing because I love music but my singing voice makes people feel sick. And the other skill would be to get world-class skills in golf. It would be nice to hit some balls and make millions out of it.
10. Your favourite quote and why this one?
“Mieti silt kannalt, et miks ei?”
It basically means “why not?”. This mentality takes me to places where I might have not end up otherwise and it makes my life very interesting.
Pictures: Roope Tapiovaara & EBS Habakuk Cup Invitational 2018 @ Estonian Golf & Country Club