Meet Me Monday: Elmo Pitkänen
- Introduce yourself shortly.
I am Elmo Pitkänen, a 23 year-old man from Helsinki. I am currently on my 3rd year in EBS Helsinki.
- Tell us three facts about yourself.
- I have never been inside of Tuomiokirkko (the big white church in Helsinki) even though I have lived in Helsinki for all my life.
- I love waking up early (this also requires that I go to bed early).
- My roommate is my oldest friend. We have been friends for 18 years.
- Why did you choose to study at EBS Helsinki?
I chose to study at EBS Helsinki because of the module studies. This system is great for someone who works at the same time. This is not possible in other business schools in Finland.
- What do you think is the best part of being a member of the Student Union?
The best part of being part of the HEBS student union is to have the chance to make a difference and create a well-functioning student life for the EBS Helsinki students.
- You’ve been on the board of Student Council for 3 years in a row, what have you accomplished with these years? What are you the most proud of?
This is a hard one. So many amazing things have happened in the past three years. If I have to pick something, I would say that I am most proud of our this year’s board and how much we have been able to achieve with them. We have taken many big steps forward as an organization and I am really optimistic about the future of HEBS
- What are your plans for the upcoming months as the vice chairman of the Student Council?
I want to see that we get some closures on the projects that we have going on at the moment and maybe start a few more for the next board to take over and finish.
- On a more personal note, do you have any hobbies?
I have always enjoyed sports and at the moment I go to the gym and run quite a lot. I am also active in scouts and that has been one of my hobbies for 16 years.
- What’s the craziest thing in your bucket list?
I want to be able to do a split by midsummer.
- What do you do on your day off?
I usually have a good breakfast, hit the gym and hang out with my friends and family.
- If you could live the life of someone famous which one would you choose?
Ed Sheeran because I love to sing but I don’t really have a voice for it.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years’ time?
I hope to have a job that I really enjoy, a family and a dog (or two).
- Your favorite quote.
Elämä on laiffii – Matti Nykänen (translation life is life)
Translator: Triin Tikk
Editor: Kart Mättikas
Photo: Elmo Pitkänen