- Give us a brief introduction of yourself.
First name Davor, last name Tamm. From Tallinn, Laagri. I graduated from Jakob Westholm Gymnasium in 2017 and joined the army for 11 months – I went to military police at Vahipataljon and acquired my first experience of leadership as a squad commander.
- Three facts about you.
- I enjoy activities that require skills of strategic and tactical thinking, which is the reason why my biggest hobbies include chess and orientation. In addition to that, I play football in the third league and beach volleyball in the summer.
- I have been a paintball instructor for five years.
- I joined the Estonian Defence League when I was only 16 years old and spent every other weekend training in the wilderness.
- How did you find your way to EBS?
I was considering for a long time if I should study entrepreneurship at EBS, go to Military Academy or study IT. The last two were the options that my mom suggested, but I had always been thinking about going to EBS. Although, I made the final decision in 2017 when I won a scholarship from the DNA campaign.
- You won the EBS campaign The Search for Entrepreneurial DNA in 2017. What kind of tips did you get from the “The Future Top Manager Programme” specially made for you?
For a long time, I was thinking about whether to go to Transferwise or to Eesti Energia. Finally, I asked for a postponement to use this opportunity more competently in the future. Now, I have completely different companies in the horizon, and I will use this chance during a year.
- How do you see an entrepreneurial person?
Bold, confident, active and determined. I think that these are four main characteristics
that an entrepreneurial person should have.
- You are an active and entrepreneurial young man, you operate on several fronts. Give us a few good tips how to plan your time and be everywhere you should be.
Life is like mining gold – the more you dig, the bigger the chance to find something. The most important thing is to grasp every opportunity you get, to find the passion and commitment to the things you do. If these are not there, you should move on quickly.
- What do you do on your free time?
My free time is filled with the actions that help me relax. When I get the opportunity, I do sports or visit entertainment centers.
- What is the craziest thing in your bucket list?
Because I like sailing, I would like to own a yacht.
- Tell us about your ambitions and dreams that you would like to fulfil in the next 20 years.
I have a lot of dreams and ambitions, but I will mention the biggest. When I am 35, I would like to be in such a financial state that I could afford myself to retire at any time, if I want.
- Your favourite quote.
There are people who find excuses and people who find a way.
Translator: Marlen Kuusk
Editor: Liisa-Maria Lillepea