Meet Me Monday: Anett Kulbin
- Introduce yourself shortly.
I’m a singer and an entrepreneur. Until my 21st birthday I was walking on the road of music, studying both in Estonia and abroad. I started the degree of creative entrepreneurship at EBS to connect my musical knowledge with the entrepreneurship ones. During my university years I started a company called Nobenaps with my fellow student Indrek Jõe.
- Three facts about yourself.
– I started my music studies by studying violin – At heart, I feel very connected to Tartu – Since I can be a bit absent-minded, I create to-do lists every night for the following day because it helps me focus and achieve my goals
- You’re mostly known for being a musician. Why did you choose to study at EBS?
I felt I felt that I needed to take a small break from my music studies but that didn’t mean that I stopped being a musician, I just wanted to learn something new that would support my career and creative entrepreneurship was a great way to do that.
- Tell us about your experiences with startups.
Everyone struggles in the beginning. Don’t let it get to you and know that everything always takes more time than initially planned. You should always consult with wiser people and be open-minded.
- What’s the best and the worst thing about being in charge of your own business?
The risk is huge when you have your own company but therefore the work-related achievements are much more valuable.
- Do you have any hobbies?
- What do you do on your day off?
I wake up slowly, turn on the music, clean my home, take a walk – wear warm clothes, put on my earphones. Since I live by the sea, there are several great spots for a nice stroll.
- What is the craziest thing in your bucket list?
I don’t have a bucket list like that :D. I think about where I’d like to travel, where I’d want to perform and where my life could take me and slowly work my way towards it.
- If you could have any superpower which one would you choose?
I’d like to be able to listen to other people’s thoughts.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
On the stage..
- Your personal advice to those who want to start their own business.
Always trust your gut feeling. If you believe in something, immediately start making it happen. Start by creating the business plan. It can seem annoying but is vital and shows when and if your idea will pay off. It makes you think about the small details you might’ve not noticed before.
- Your favorite quote.
I’ve always had my head in the clouds so I really like the Walt Disney’s quote, “If you can dream it you can do it”. Translator: Triin Tikk Editor: Kart Mättikas Photo: Anett Kulbin