Hey, it’s Jürgen Jürgenson!
I was struggling to find a good productivity tool to help me set my mind right for 2018. After doing research I came up with a pretty good concept for myself and thought I’d share it with you too!
It’s a 5 step process which will help you make the new year your best year ever!
Grab a pen and some paper and start answering these questions – after going through the process, you’ll have a clearer mind and a blueprint to rock & roll.
Step 1 – Celebrate
- What wins do you need to celebrate from 2017? What things are you especially grateful for?
Write down an inventory of your successes, wins, achievements and special moments with your team, family members and clients.
// For me, the most important celebrations were selling my first company Pürg and opening my life to new opportunities such as Siil Agency www.siilagency.com. I freaking enjoyed the trips I had with my good buddies and I’m thankful for the Tallinn and EBS journey. //
Step 2 – Education
With better awareness come better choices, with better choices you’re bound to see better results.
- What are the 3 best business lessons you learned from your past 12 months?
- What are the 3 best life lessons you learned from your past 12 months?
For me, the third part of the 2nd block is the most important question:
- What were you doing right when you achieved your best results from the past 12 months?
// The best results come when you have a clear mind. For me it means that after devising a daily plan and completing my morning ritual, I have the energy to go out and achieve my goals.
My biggest lesson was that I shouldn’t wait for anyone. I’m 101% in charge of my results and I can trust my “shadow” instincts. //
Step 3 – Clarification
Clarity precedes mastery.
- What are your BIG 5 for this new year? What 5 things must happen in the beginning of the year to make it the best year yet? These 5 BIG things you have to look at daily, your drivers.
- What are your top 5 values for your next 12 months? Freedom, beauty, relationship, peak health, financial health etc…
- What are your goals for the next 12 months? Write down your TOP 15 goals. Creativity + Audacity = Mastery. Challenge yourself to feel a little bit scared by the scale of your goals.
Step 4 – Graduation
Create your personal one-pager with two sides. Take your goals, values and BIG 5 for 2018 and bundle them up into a plan. Split this into monthly plans so you will know what you will do in January, February, March… etc
// My trick is to put the list right next to my bed. I want this to be the first thing I see in the morning. //
Step 5 – Visualization
Commitment is really important. Close your eyes and emotionally engage with what your life will look like in the key areas. Start to see with color and vivid detail – picture what your life will look like.
The best thing I learned about visualization in 2017 is that meditation actually works! 😉 I’m not even kidding.
I wish that your next 12 months would be the best you have ever had! My biggest goal of 2018 is to be more self-aware in my day-to-day life. What’s yours?
Written by Jürgen Jürgenson
Translated by Triin Tikk
Edited by Kärt Mättikas