Hey everybody! I am Valentine and I was a French Erasmus student during the whole year. It was a great honor and pleasure to join the Student Council during the second semester. I really enjoyed being in charge of the Erasmus Meet Me Monday and I hope you enjoyed the articles. Before being interviewed as well, I want to thank all of you, especially Laura-Liisa for her trust and help! I had an amazing year in Estonia that I will never forget.
- Tell us 3 fun facts about yourself.
I definitely have no balance and fall on all occasions, Lapland was the worst with an average of one fall a day. Additionally, I am a real disaster when I sing. And I lose or forget my phone everywhere; fortunately I have good friends who have taken the habits to always look after me.
- What did you love the most about your exchange year in Estonia and what bothered you the most?
It is a really hard question because I enjoyed every second of my Erasmus: all the beautiful people I met, discovering everything about Estonia, travels, parties… However, the difference between the French and Estonian gastronomy became a real challenge at the end.
- Do you have any tips for other Erasmus students who wish to study in Estonia?
Do not forget your winter clothes as well as your summer ones, the weather here is not stable. Also, take the opportunity to travel around Estonia and abroad, there are so many places to visit!
- This semester you were part of the Student Council. How did your experience differ from last semester?
Both of my semesters were amazing but incomparable. I was more in the school’s activities during the second semester than I was during the first semester and I also met more Estonians people for sure.
- What are your plans for the summer?
Unfortunately my summer won’t be exotic at all, I will work during the two next months as a sales person in a quite famous French company in order to reimburse all the expenses I had during my Erasmus.
- What job would you hate to have and why?
I think I wouldn’t like to work in a zoo. Firstly, because I don’t really like animals and also because I am allergic to a lot of them; so it won’t be a job that would suit me.
- If your house was burning and you could grab only 3 things, what would you take?
First my family, of course, but I think they could manage to get to safety on their own. So I would grab my external hard drive within which all my pictures and souvenirs are recorded and precious and familial stuff.
- What is the best thing to do to relieve stress?
I am absolutely not a stressed person so I don’t have any tips. Nevertheless, I would say that sleeping would be good: you don’t have to think when sleeping so there’s no stress at all.
- What’s the biggest similarity and the biggest difference between the French and Estonians?
About the biggest similarity, I would say both the French and the Estonians like partying. On the another hand, the Estonians are way calmer than the French people.
- Words to say goodbye.
I don’t want to say goodbye, just bon vent!
Photo: Valentine Auquebon
Editor: Kärt Mättikas