- Introduce yourself shortly
Hey! I am Sirel from Saaremaa and currently on my second year and this year I am also Head of International Club in Student Council.
- Tell us about your experience in the student council and how it is to be the Head of the International club.
I joined Student Council as a “free molecule.” One day I heard someone talking about International Club and I knew right away that I want to be a part of this. For this whole year, while I have been in Student Council, has been full of doing new things, meeting new people and gaining a lot of experience.
As a Head of International Club, I haven’t felt even for a second that I don’t like what I do. Meeting with people from all over the world and seeing their happy faces when they talk about Estonia with love in their eyes – what else can you ask for? It has been a lot of work since we have a record amount of exchange students this semester, but I have enjoyed every minute of it so far. And as they say – the more the merrier, right? 😉
- Tell us three facts about yourself.
- This summer I ate mushrooms for the first time in my life
- I am totally a dog-person
- It is super easy to frighten me
- The strangest question you’ve ever been asked.
I’m not sure if this is the strangest one, but many times when I have gone somewhere and have been introducing myself that “Hey! I am Sirel,” then I have gotten pretty many questions like “Okay, but what is your first name?” And then it has usually been followed by a long discussion: “How did you get that name? I have never heard that someone has a name like this, I know one guy whose last name is Sirel, do you know him?”
- If you could be any fictional character, which one would you be and why?
I wouldn’t choose any superheroes or the Spiderman. I would be Shrek because he is so chill and carefree, enjoying life as it is.
- What is the last movie that made you cry or laugh?
Well, last time when I cried was actually when I was watching “Bondi Vet” series and one baby kangaroo died.
- If you could only eat one specific kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
It’s so hard to choose but I think it would be cheese, in case if I could eat all different kinds of cheeses. I’m a biiiig cheese lover!
- Name one crazy thing that is on your bucket list.
To skydive in Thailand
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I see myself as an entrepreneur, raising at least two dogs with my future husband and probably two kids as well.
- Your favorite quote.
No one is you, that is your power.
Photo: Sirel Lember
Editor: Kärt Mättikas
Translator: Liisa-Maria Lillepea