- Introduce yourself shortly.
Hi, dear fellows! My name is Alexander Neumüller. I’m 24 years old and a second-year student from Austria.
- Why did you come to study in Estonia and EBS in general?
I have already studied in Austria but missed the opportunity to gain an experience studying abroad. One day I started searching for a study program with an international focus at the Vienna University of Economics and Business.On their homepage I found an article about a university partnership with EBS. Long story short, I informed myself about Estonia and the EBS and decided that this is the place where I want to go. After one year I can say that it was the right choice!
- What’s the best thing about being a student?
The student life! Ok, joke aside. You can take a deep dive into subjects you are interested in while having still enough time for the casual things in life.
- Tell us three facts about yourself.
I like British humour
I am a morning person
Sport is an integral part of my life
- What is the best and worst thing about living in a foreign country?
Let’s start with the good aspects. It is amazing to meet so many great people. You can learn so much about the culture and the country. I think this shapes your character and the understanding of the world. Of course, there are also things that are not so great. In daily life, outside the university, sometimes the language barrier can be a little bit frustrating.
- If you could have one superpower which one would you choose?
I would choose the ability to travel through time and space like Doctor Who
- If you could meet one famous person, alive or dead, who would you choose?
- What should every person try at least once during their lifetime?
That’s a tough question. Well, I would say that everybody should have been at least once in Las Vegas.
- What are your personal goals you wish to achieve in the business world?
I aim to become a crude oil trader, that’s the reason why I wanted to gain international experience and develop my knowledge in the field of alternative investments.
- Your favourite quote:
If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. ~ Jim Rohn
Photo: Alex Neumüller
Editor: Kärt Mattikas
Translator: Kerdo Pohl