Our dear fellow and current Ebsters are sharing recommendations, reasons and awesome memories. Everything good, what they have gained while studying in EBS!
We made an anonymous survey and here are the results – 12 recommendations why to choose EBS!
Find the introductions to next semester courses in both Batchelor and Masters below.
- It makes you productive!
- EBS gives you a lot of entrepreneurial contacts and helps you create your own start-up. Secondly, EBS has top lecturers who have decades of practical field-specific experience. I advise choosing EBS because it’s the best place for getting knowledge on entrepreneurship and marketing. In addition to that, EBS has its own Game Management module where you get to learn how to sell games so it would result in big profits. EBS has a personal and solution-oriented approach both in technical and substantive sense.
- The very cool people and an amazing opportunity to find future connections/business partners. An interesting syllabus. A lot of practicality opposed to theory in lectures. Likeable and great lecturers. Various events take place at EBS all the time.
- Personal approach. In lectures, you’re not just a number but a real student with a name. The lecturers know your name and face.
- EBS is a very small university and it helps create a strong sense of belonging. I experienced it especially when I went to the summer university – compared to the group from University of Tartu, the difference was immense. Even though most of the students from both group met for the first time at the summer university, the Ebsters were a lot more active when it came to interacting with both each other and others. We stressed how important networking is at EBS and it caught on.
- The bootcamp for Master’s students is awesome as well – a great idea! It’s especially beneficial to those doing distance learning – you get to meet your coursemates.
- It’s a small university where you get to interact with others personally. You’ll always find an answer to your questions and the students stick together.
- In addition to education, you meet a lot of talented people. I would’ve never thought that our course would be so great and in that short time period I have found friends for life. To me, people are the greatest value. It’s very important when it comes to networking as well. Everyone comes from different backgrounds and any school project could initiate future cooperation.
- EBS is where you get the basic knowledge about entrepreneurship. It supports the students who want to create their own start-up, not just sit in classes. It’s great because practical knowledge is better than theoretical knowledge.
- At EBS, you’ll find useful contacts for life as well as best friends.
- You get support and advice from lecturers that is crucial in the beginning stages of entrepreneurship
- EBS provides great contacts, business language skills, teaches teamwork, gives the courage to perform in front of crowds, confidence and knowledge of the business world.
International Business Administration
The International Business Administration programme is designed for people interested in economics and business who wish to acquire professional knowledge and skills to work in an international company or in the public sector. In addition to knowledge of economics and business, the programme also provides very good Business English language skills and an opportunity to specialize in:
- marketing and communication
- finance and accounting.
Entrepreneurship and business management (in Estonian)
Entrepreneurship and business administration studies are meant for those, who wish to enter the business world, create their own enterprise or improve their existing knowledge. In addition to general economic and management knowledge, students will get to found and develop a company.
Daytime studies’ students can spezialise in:
- Technological entrepreneurship
- Creative entrepreneurship
- Professional sales
International Business Administration MA
“… too many of the customs, practices and institutions of society were designed for a time that has passed” (Charles Handy, 2015:4)
Globalisation and cultural clashes, the digital revolution and job replacement and new paradigms for value creation are the societal challenges we are facing today and in the future.
Our Master programmes are designed for you as the leader to learn, understand and tackle the future challenges and train your personal and professional skills for the next leap in your career.
Finance and accounting
More information: https://ebs.ee/en/oppekava/international-business-administration-ma
Management in Digital Society MBA
The unique MBA programme Management in Digital Society provides you with the knowledge, skills and experience to manage and lead the digital transformation in businesses, organisations and in society at large.
No specialization. International elective module in China (e-commerce) or Germany (industry digitalisation)
More information: https://ebs.ee/en/studies/management-digital-society-mba
- EBS High School:https://ebs.ee/ope/ebs-gumnaasium
- Entrepreneurship class
- European class;
- International class.
- Research and doctoral studies:https://ebs.ee/en/research-and-doctoral-studies
- Open University:https://ebs.ee/oppekava/avatud-ulikool
Through Open University, you can study one or more subjects at EBS without being enrolled as a student. It’s a way to improve your knowledge. It’s meant for our alumni, partners and students from other universities. In other words, it’s for everyone who are interested in any of our courses or wish to have an individual study programme.
- EBS Advisory Services:https://ebs.ee/oppekava/ebs-advisory-services
EBS Advisory Services OÜ or EBSAS is the school’s implementational unit, that unites organisations and consultants-scientists-doctoral students to solve management issues and challenges regarding planning and executing bigger changes. EBSAS is a symbiosis of scientists and entrepreneurs – we think as an entrepreneur and use scientific methods as strategic tools.
- Executive education: https://ebs.ee/executive-education
“Anyone who stops learning is old, wheather at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” -Henry Ford
- Estonian Business School Helsinki: https://ebs.ee/fi
Editor: Kärt Mättikas
Translator: Triin Tikk